Wednesday, January 27, 2010

27 - 51:97

I may have mentioned it before but the 2 courses I have to take this semester are really quite easy. One is document processing and one is keyboarding. For someone not familiar with a computer these would be challenging courses.
I use a computer every day at home and work so am fairly comfortable on them which means that the only really challenging part about the courses is working up the energy to log on and cover off this basic stuff.
Tonight I took a crack at keyboarding. To make it more fun I thought I would jump ahead to the Advanced lessons. The goal of the course is that by the end you can type 30 WPM with a 95 or 96% accuracy.
One of the advanced lessons was Romeo & Juliet Act 1 Scene 1
The screen displays what you have to type and you have at it!
Has anyone read Shakespear lately, anyone over 25?
I always liked Shakespear but found it challenging. I have found in the last few years though that everytime I come across it; it gets easier and easier to understand. Why is that?
I thouroughly enjoyed this lesson, picked up some stuff from the first act that I don't remember "getting" before.
This was actually fairly challenging to type but I am still averaging higher than required to write the final. Unfortunately I have to log 60 hours of practice to write it.
Thankfully they also have some typing games online to help with my hours count.


No comments: