Friday, June 4, 2010

155 - Diapers! Your days are numbered!

Stand on notice diapers...you have approx 10 more hours in this house and then you are OUTTA HERE!
I purchased this book...
...which guarantees that you will potty train in 3 days or your money back.

Basically in reading the book there is no magic secret to this...it is, simply put, a 3 day potty training boot camp for parent and child.
Starting tomorrow morning I shadow McKenzie and she shadows me...NO DISTRACTIONS for the next 3 days.
The secret is consistency and focus. I have to be consistent and focus totally on McKenzie so that I can pick up the signals she gives when she has to go and teach her to recognize them and how to let me know when she has recognized them.

I am so scared! Wish me luck. Please don't take it personally if I don't answer the phone or the door or email or anything. This is a 72 hour commitment which will hopefully net a huge bonus at the end...no more diapers.


5 comments:

heather said...

How about when the dog gets loose? Am I on my own. :) lol giggle giggle!! Good luck on the training. I have no doubt you will be successful.

Anonymous said...

Good luck honey, I know you can both do it!!! MOM

Anonymous said...

Found this on te government site https://psjobs-emploisfp.psc-cfp.gc.ca/psrs-srfp/applicant/page1800?toggleLanguage=en&noBackBtn=true&poster=127557&psrsMode=1

Ryan

Jennifer said...

Can I borrow it for Rebecca? We need to get cracking on her and so far haven't had any luck. Looks like McKenzie is doing an awesome job, so maybe it will work for Rebecca! I'd be happy to pay for it too, since you bought it.

Lisa said...

Ryan, Thanks for the link. Appreciate you keeping an eye out.