Saturday, June 26, 2010

172 ~ 177 - Trip to Vernon

177 - Goodbye - Challenge word
Ready to hit the road.
We stopped at the local garden centre and Mommy got a few flowers to take to Calgary. Mommy said no she could NOT ride in the wagons. Good thing Grandma was there!
Saying goodbye to Grandma and Grandpa.
We stopped to stretch our legs in Field.
Collecting leaves.
When McKenzie saw the mountains, she kept asking if she could climb one. They had this sign on a large rock in Field so I told her to climb her mountain.
Picking flowers.
It was a great trip. Thank you for a great visit everyone. Good to be home and see Daddy.
176 - Treats and Soccer
We picked up a few things at the WalMart in Vernon while Grandma was at work.
McKenzie was so good I bought her a little treat.
Then we stopped in at the The Bay to see Grandma and then went to a local bakery for lunch. McKenzie enjoying her gingerbread kid cookie after lunch.
After dinner, Uncle Ryan and Aunty Bobbie stopped by to play soccer with McKenzie.
Who could be scared of this!

175 - Farmer`s Market and visiting
Getting ready to head to the Farmer`s Market. Grandma`s shoes fit just fine mom...let`s go.
They had this cute little puppet show set up.
McKenzie thought it was great.
We had to stop for a snack. Mmmmm pretzels.
Walking in the Farmer`s Market with Grandma.
Then we stopped in and visited Great-Grandma Thurston.
That afternoon, we stopped back in to see Great-Grandma Cucheron, as she had taken a fall this monring and we wanted to make sure she was okay.
Guess where McKenzie wanted to play.
I don`t know if you can see the mask of dirt she had on her face here but it was everywhere.
174 - Haircut and Scary Uncle Ryan!!!
We went to the mall this morning and I needed some shampoo so we stopped in a hairdressers. McKenzie`s hair has been getting longer but fairly whispy so I asked and they had time to fit her in for a trim.
Not too much off the back now! Super cute!
Look at those curls!
Heading out to dinner.
(picture taken by my mom)
Who could be scared of this lovely face! McKenzie, that`s who. She spent the first half of dinner peeping at him through her fingers and kept her hand up to sheild herself from seeing him. Finally she dared remove her hand and look at him while he was distracted talking to Bobbie, his wife. She proudly annouced to the table - I Did It!
She warmed up considerably by the end of dinner.
And even let him read her a story when we went back to Grandma and Grandpa`s.
173 - Gardening, Play-date, and a Tractor Ride
Picking strawberries in Great-Grandma Cucheron's garden. McKenzie thought this was the best thing to be able to pick and eat them right there...no waiting for slow mommy to cut them up.
McKenzie did not like how the wet grass felt on her bare feet so she walked around on her heels with her hands in the air.
She found an unplanted corner of the garden and took an empty pail and spade and dug and dug and dug. McKenzie loved Great-Grandma Cucheron's garden.
Great-Grandma Cucheron - 94.5 years old and still living on her own and planting her own garden. Hope I got those genes!

McKenzie thought she would help with some of the gardening...
...so she watered her favourite spot - the strawberry patch.
After nap time, we went to my friend from high school, Wendy's, house. Sophia is 5 months younger than McKenzie. She is cute as a button but soooo much smaller than McKenzie.
We had to weigh down Sophia's side of the teeter totter and she still bounced when McKenzie's side hit the ground.
Playing with the bubble machine.
Wendy pulled out this ATV that Sophia got for her birthday. McKenzie needs to work on her driving skills but she thought it was "super fun".
What could it be....
...Grandpa's TRACTOR!
McKenzie`s first tractor ride.
There they go...I was so scared...that thing is huge! My dad is the safest driver I know or I would never have let her get on.
What could be better after such a fun filled day than a soak in the hot tub.
172 - On Our Way
Leaving the mountains behind and heading west.
(blatant rip off of one of DeeAnn's shots but I loved how she did it so thought I would give it a try)
McKenzie kept asking me if it was her turn to drive. When we hit the 30 minute blasting delay by Golden I thought I would give her a chance.
Finally, we made it to Grandma and Grandpa's. Grandma took us on a walk around when we got there. Part of my parents property. I know they will be laughing that I posted this picture which I think is all weeds and fallow but I just love the wide open spaces.
This picture is for my crafting buddies Kari, DeeAnn and Jenien ~ Pinecone it!
McKenzie tried her first radish.
She gobbled it up. My mom was sure she would hate it. She is nothing if not unexpected.
Grandma and Grandpa bought and set up this toddler bed for our spoiled little princess. Good thing she doesn't know she is spoiled!

1 comment:

Dee- said...

LOVED this post. I loved the mountains in the car mirror photo - you did a great job of it. Also "PINECONE" it, seriously, so funny! Welcome home.