Some of you may remember that we took McKenzie to Butterfield Acres last July and while there she got to ride a pony and she loved it.
When I found out that this lady at work, Carrie, had horses I asked if there was any way we could bring McKenzie out one day for a ride. She said she would love that so we arranged it for this afternoon.
Here is McKenzie clutching the carrots she wanted to bring to feed the horses.
Here she is meeting "J", her mount for the day.
She quite enjoyed grooming J, prior to her ride. She took right to it after only being shown once how to do it properly.
Waiver signed; check. Helmet on; check. Excitement through the roof and vibrating with anticipation; check.
Yippee ki yay
That is one big horse for such a little girl.
She LOVED it. I think she smiled for most of the ride. Carrie led her around for about 30 minutes and I think if the number of YeeHaws and Yippee Ki Yays we heard were any indication she was in heaven.Carrie thought it was great and offered to let us come out again. We will definately be taking her up on it.
1 comment:
What a cutie!! Glad she had fun - Grandma
Post a Comment