Tuesday, February 2, 2010

33 - Pet store

Our fish tank has been growing quite a bit of algae the last few days so tonight, after dinner, we headed to the pet store to see what we could do.
When we got there I asked if I could take some pictures of McKenzie interacting with the animals. At first they said no due to theft reasons. Still trying to wrap my head around the whole theft reason thing but thanked them and went over to McKenzie and Mike. The girl I had originally asked went above her supervisor and asked the manager who said it would be alright. Nice Gal!
Here's McKenzie checking out some rodents.
She thought the birds were pretty neat too!

She got a huge kick out of the gerbils. I told her that we can visit him any time she likes but one is NEVER coming into our house. Inspecting the newest members of the family.
We got an algae killer insert for the tank which the girl said would be better than an algae eating fish as we don't have to "use up" one of our fish for it. So we decided we have kept the three we have alive for over a month so we may as well try some more.
If anyone out there would like to submit names (psst Kaeden) for the original three fish, I now think they stand a chance at making it and that it would be okay to name them (touching wood).

No comments: